We are looking for punctual candidates with good time management skills for the position of Driver. Drivers are responsible for delivering packages to clients in a timely manner, working on nights and weekends and ensuring that vehicles are always ready for use, among other duties.
Drivers will need to lift heavy objects and load them into their vehicles, requiring upper body strength and physical stamina.
- Transporting clients from airports to hotels and vice versa.
- Carrying out vehicle maintenance checks.
- Delivering packages to customers in a timely manner.
- Picking up office purchases or other administrative needs.
- Utilizing navigation apps to find the most optimal route.
- Interacting with clients in a professional conduct.
- Working at night and on weekends.
- Maintaining an organized travel schedule.
- Ensuring that vehicles have sufficient gas and are always ready for use.
- Arranging for vehicle repairs when necessary.
- Updating monthly mileage records.
- Driving a variety of vehicles, including motorbikes, cars, buses, and trucks.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
– Air Brakes Endorsement
– Trip reports
– Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
– Driver logbook
– Bill of lading
Communication Systems Experience
– Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
– Owner-operator business skills
– Professionalism in customer service
– Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
– Perform brake adjustments
– Load and unload goods
– Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
– Receive and relay information to central dispatch
– Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
Security and Safety
– Valid passport
– Willing to travel overnight
– Valid driver’s licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Repetitive tasks
– Physically demanding
– Attention to detail
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- A valid driver’s license.
- 1 year driving experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the operating area.
- Physical strength and ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal communication.
- Proficiency using GPS devices.
How to apply
D&G LOGISTICS INC