Generator mechanic Jobs overview
Companies are seeking for a full time skilled/professional generator mechanic and operator willing to take up the role of a generator mechanic in an organization. He/she must possess relevant secondary school technical training certificate or its equivalent in a technical school. Generator mechanics are in charge of maintaining and repair of all engineering bodies available in the company. They also serve as engineers handling vehicles and generators of customers in a mechanical fault fixing and engine maintenance firm.
Skills needed from a generator mechanic
- Must have a solid technical skills and intelligence to tackle engineering and mechanical problems
- Must have good customer service relationship skill which is necessary because he/she will be dealing with the public on a daily basis
- Must have a working team and leadership spirit. Must be able to work with other staffs in the company to complete a given task.
- Must be able to work under pressure in cases where the incident requires such
- Must be ready to grow with the company as a valued staff
Responsibility of a Generator mechanic
- The responsibility of a generator mechanic involves and not limited to:
- Proper care of the workplace to ensure health and safety of the environment
- Immediate response and resolution of customer needs
- Proper management of the company’s equipment and resources
- Will be performing proper loading bank testing
- Must carry out routine service and maintenance of the company or customer diesel engines
- Must participate actively in all engineering task assigned to him/her
- Must be willing to troubleshoot faulty equipment’s and must possess a good problem solving skill.
Generator mechanic jobs salary
Generator mechanics earn up to 50,000 united state dollars annually in well developed countries
Generator mechanic near me
There are lots of generator mechanics near you. You only need to search around or ask few questions about your environment.
Generator mechanic schools
Basically all technical schools have options of teaching engineering mechanics. Courses like mechanical engineering are offered in universities and one is able to acquire engineering mechanical knowledge from there.