Job ID: 15521
Job Category: Human Resources
Division & Section: Pension, Payroll & Employee Benefits
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street, Toronto, Ontario
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary, 12 months
Salary: $103,303.20 – $121,375.80
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours per Week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 1-Mar-2021 to 15-Mar-2021
As a large, highly complex municipal leader, with approximately 38,480 employees and 6,000 retirees, the City of Toronto relies on the Pension, Payroll & Employee Benefits Division for its commitment to providing accurate, efficient and timely pension, payroll and benefit information to both current and former City employees. An integral part of the Division’s mandate is to negotiate and secure cost-effective benefit plans, manage and process employee and retiree benefit claims, administer collective agreements with six municipal unions, process the City’s payroll, and provide pension services, all with a focus on ensuring exceptional customer service.
PPEB is striving to be an enabler to the City divisions, agencies and corporations, with a diverse and dynamic team of Pension, Payroll and Employee Benefits professionals. PPEB is establishing a standard of excellence and driving change, including the transformation of its service delivery model into an employee centric model. The range of integrated services PPEB provides includes Workforce Administration, Payroll Gross to Net, Pension and Benefits enrollments and changes, System Support, Customer Service for all City employees, and Time & Attendance support.
Reporting to the Project Director, PPEB Transformation Program in PPEB, the Senior Change Management Consultant will lead transformation initiatives related to functional and organizational changes, as well as the planning, optimization and continuous improvement of the newly implemented PPEB service delivery model. We are looking for someone who has a passion for change management and is able to manage a broad range of responsibilities from providing high-level, strategic consulting and advice, to assessing, analyzing and developing plans, to actively engaging in the hands-on work of implementing, facilitating and training.
This role has three key functions:
- Support the PPEB Transformation Program and complete all change management-related functions in addition to PPEB readiness for the Shared Services Model.
- Leverage the City’s internally-developed change management methodologies and tools to develop and execute a detailed change plan for the PPEB Transformation Program and any intersecting projects and programs.
- Provide change management advice to the PPEB Senior Management Team on a variety of initiatives.
- Understands and applies change methodologies and principles, types and stages of change management and develops approach to suit complexity and other factors.
- Develops, maintains, implements and communicates change management framework, language, policies, procedures, tools and resources to support development of consistent, common change management practices.
- Researches, defines, recommends and prioritizes new opportunities, continuous improvement, emerging technologies, tools, resources, methodologies and strategies to maintain and improve change management practices.
- Provides strategic advice, guidance, direction, leadership and solutions to senior management, project teams and individuals for diverse change projects at varying degrees of size and complexity to ensure successful implementation and benefit realization.
- Acts as subject matter expert and advises on change management practices and effective implementation and application of change management framework, strategies, tools and resources.
- Engages senior leaders to promote alignment and ensure appropriate sponsorship of initiatives to achieve successful and sustainable outcomes.
- Develops and implements change management strategies and plans that maximize leadership alignment and stakeholder/employee engagement, minimize employee and stakeholder resistance and are informed by internal/external drivers and corporate knowledge (e.g. Communication, learning, coaching, stakeholder etc.).
- Conducts research into assigned area ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Assesses, evaluates and anticipates organization and stakeholder readiness, ability and capacity to undergo change, makes recommendations to senior management and develops plans for the enhancement of change capacity and capability.
- Identifies resistance and performance gaps and works with leaders to develop and implement corrective actions
- Assesses learning needs to determine scale, complexity and magnitude of learning and development needs, identifies the gaps and develops plans including resource requirements, budget needs and performance metrics.
- Promotes organizational learning and takes steps to integrate and embed change management in corporate and divisional initiatives.
- Leads the design, development, delivery, coordination and evaluation of training programs related to change management to meet diverse needs of different stakeholders and audiences.
- Collaborates with training staff to promote and embed change management approaches in the development of training materials and delivery of training.
- Provides support and information on new best practices, innovations, tools and resources to a change management community of practice.
- Facilitates and/or collaborates on leadership development in change management for management level staff, including project sponsors and project leads.
- Develops corporate data analytics for performance analysis, including return on investment measures, and develops and advances recommendations for improvements.
- Designs and conducts “lessons learned” and other evaluation strategies and recommends changes to processes and practices to build on learnings.
- Develops a measurement and benefit realization strategy and monitors achievement of performance outcomes.
- Develops comprehensive communication plans for change initiatives in partnership with organizational Communication leads.
- Presents change management plans and strategies to key stakeholders.
- Develops materials for socializing change with senior management and sponsors, including briefing materials, reports, and presentations.
- Develops key messages for communication at all levels in collaboration with communications staff.
- Extensive change management experience, preferably in public sector and unionized environments.
- Extensive experience in effective communication strategies to maximize engagement and to minimize stakeholders/employee change resistance.
- Extensive experience working with senior leaders in an advisory and coaching capacity, particularly in addressing their role in effective change leadership.
- Extensive experience developing and executing change management activities including communications and training plans.
- Experience working at a strategic level, liaising with stakeholders to identify potential change impacts and ensure change plans are in place.
- Experience communicating the change story effectively with multiple stakeholders at different levels within, and external to, an organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including negotiation, influencing, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to establish, build and nurture strong business relationships.
- Experience supporting Payroll, pension and Employee Benefits Transformations and Modernization programs or projects will be an asset.
- Experience in a Shared Service environment will be an asset.