Job ID: 15408
Job Category: Project Management
Division & Section: City Manager’s Office, Concept 2 Keys
Work Location: City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary, 12 months
Salary: $82,409.60 – $96,805.80
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours per Week
Number of Positions Open: 3
Posting Period: 26-Feb-2021 to 12-Mar-2021
Concept 2 Keys is specifically focused on the process and performance aspects of development applications and will work hand-in-hand with City Planning and other commenting partners to faciliate the smooth and agile delivery of development applications. The Application Coordinator is part of the C2K Pilot and will have the opporunity to develop the role over the course of the project. This position will support our effort to deliver:
- A culture of collaboration and accountability between all stakeholders involved in development application review;
- Improvements to the way we operate to ensure the development process is relentlessly focused on customer service, accountable, predictable, transparent, performance based, and collaborative; and,
- A lens that considers the evolving needs of the City
The Coordinator will provide coordination and strategic support for the review of development applications and implementation support for the Concept to Keys transformation program.
Reporting to the Director Transformation, the Application Coordinator is responsible for:
- Coordinates review of development applications with multi-divisional review teams, including coordinating meetings and events, communicating and monitoring milestone deadlines across applications and team members.
- Monitors the progress of development applications through the process and identifies applications at risk of missing process milestones.
- Schedules application milestone meetings with interdivisional review teams and with applicants, prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes.
- Effectively manages time and priorities, coordinating a large number of applications across several application review teams.
- Contributes to the successful review of applications, promoting and supporting collaboration within interdivisional application review teams.
- Facilitates hand-offs to other City approval processes related to development applications in order to improve the customer experience and help projects move forward in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and tracks performance metrics related to the City-wide delivery of the application review process.
- Coordinates the implementation and standardization of new City-wide development
- Assists in the roll out of change management initiatives to support transformation and City-wide development review process improvements.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies and procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Conducts research into assigned area ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Supervises assigned projects, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance and continuous learning.
- Makes recommendations to C2K management to support management functions and improve efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery in regards to application review, service optimization and business process simplifications that could result in alternate service delivery, changes in staffing levels, restructuring, and resource allocation.
- Monitors changes to corporate policies and procedures and determines impact on operations.
- Prepares regular reports with trend analysis to Management Team on such issues as Customer Service measures, Information Management.
- Prepares documents for Management by conducting research, analysis and scrutiny of all applicable materials.
- Acts as a liaison between C2Kand other divisions, agencies, applicants and other stakeholders with respect to the coordination of applications and operational issues in order to establish and maintain effective partnerships.
- Researches and reports on a range of new projects and initiatives as they arise with respect to application coordination.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process