Ralph McKay Industries Inc., is the head office for The McKay/Empire/Wiese group of companies, and is a manufacturer of quality agricultural & rail fastener components, serving North America and overseas markets. We are presently accepting applications for full time male or female production workers to join our Regina manufacturing team.
We are seeking individuals who are diligent, motivated and hard working. Duties may involve physically demanding labour in a steel based environment. Shift work is required, with 4 ten-hour days, two weeks rotational day/night shift. We endeavour to hire employees who will stay and build a future with us, who are able to understand and follow instructions well, who have a track record for safety, and who can work independently or in a team environment.
We are looking for hard-working Production Workers to assist in the manufacturing process. The Production Worker’s responsibilities include keeping the production area clean, preparing machinery and equipment for use, working the production line as instructed, and strictly following health and safety guidelines.
We offer full time employment in a unionized facility, with shift premium, boot allowance, as well as other health benefits. No relocation payments will be provided. You must supply proof that you are currently legally entitled to work in Canada at the time you apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
To be successful as a Production Worker you should be able to work on the production line with consistent speed and accuracy. An outstanding Production Worker should be able to maintain production standards and work towards improving productivity without compromising quality.
- Following health and safety standards.
- Maintaining a clean workstation and production floor.
- Assembling products and parts.
- Following production guidelines and specifications.
- Finalizing and packaging products for shipment.
- Operating and maintaining machinery and production line equipment.
- Monitoring the assembly line and removing faulty products.
- Working on the production line and meeting production targets.
- Reporting any issues to the supervisor on duty.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
– Oral communication
– Working with others
– Own transportation
– Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
– Feed And Unload Processing Machines
– Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Repetitive tasks
– Manual dexterity
– Hand-eye co-ordination
– Standing for extended periods
Security and Safety
– Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous experience working in a factory is beneficial.
- Experience operating manufacturing machinery.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Physical dexterity.
- Available for shift work.
Ralph McKay Industries Inc.
130 HODSMAN RD