Doepker Industries Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of highway semi-trailers in Canada. The company is continually developing new and innovative designs for our customers from coast to coast. Doepker Industries has won awards and been recognized for business excellence and innovation since the company started in 1948.
We are searching for deadline-driven Painters with great attention to detail. The Painter will be expected to use color theory principles to match shades, follow written and verbal instructions, and use a variety of tools to paint surfaces. Other responsibilities include completing minor repairs and selecting correct paints and primers.
To be successful as a Painter, you should have great stamina, physical strength, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be able to understand clients’ visions, follow directions, and complete projects on time and to budget.
- Selecting the correct tools and paints for projects.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces before painting.
- Mixing and applying paints, varnishes, and sealants for a lasting finish.
- Covering exposed objects and surfaces.
- Using fillers such as putty and plaster to repair cracks.
- Buying paint, brushes, and other supplies.
- Obeying workplace safety rules.
- Collaborating with other design and construction specialists.
- Keeping the workspace and tools clean.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience painting residential or commercial spaces.
- Knowledge of all the applicable health and safety standards.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills.
- Good balance and physical strength.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and physical environment with a company focused on quality, innovation and safety, this job may be for you!
-Company Matching Pension Plan
-Safe and friendly work environment
-Attendance Bonus up to an additional $2.25 per hour
-Safety Allowance (Reimbursement Program)
Doepker Industries Ltd.