Nipawin Regional Park has maintenance positions for the 2021 season. Must possess a basic working knowledge in the following: mowing and weed whacking, wood splitting and delivery, cleaning firepits and sites, garbage disposal, hiking trail maintenance, painting, and various duties to assist senior maintenance.
We are hiring maintenance workers to join our maintenance team. You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
– Reading text
– Oral communication
– Working with others
– Problem solving
– Decision making
– Critical thinking
– Job task planning and organizing
– Finding information
– Continuous learning
– Significant use of memory
– Valid driver’s license
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Not required
Type of Machinery or Equipment
– Weed trimmer/edger
– Tractor mower
– Small engine equipment
– Gravel or dump truck
– Chain saw
– Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
– Repair and maintain equipment
– Remove litter and garbage
– Cut grass
– Assist with landscape constructions
– Rake/ collect refuse
– Water lawns/gardens
– Park or public area
Work Location Information
– On-site customer service
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment
– Work under pressure
– Tight deadlines
– Repetitive tasks
– Handling heavy loads
– Physically demanding
– Manual dexterity
– 20/20 vision
– Attention to detail
– Hand-eye co-ordination
– Ability to distinguish between colors
– Sound discrimination
– Combination of sitting, standing, walking
– Standing for extended periods
– Bending, crouching, kneeling
– Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
Nipawin & District Regional Park Authority
306 862 3237
306 862 2592