Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
January 29, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $47.00 – $49.00/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 0C1
Number of Vacancies: 1-2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Human Resource Managers are responsible to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a Pacrim Hotel human resources and personnel departments. In addition, HR Managers are required to develop and implement policies, programs and procedures regarding recruitment, selection, training and development and administration of the Hotel’s pay and benefit system.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a Pacrim’s human resource department.
- Coordinate with Hotel department heads and managers all human resource activities.
- Administer employee benefits and health and safety programs.
- Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of Pacrim’s personnel policies and programs.
- Oversee the classification and rating of occupations and positions within the Pacrim Hotel property.
- Organize and conduct employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation and participate actively on various joint committees.
- Direct the Pacrim Hospitality Services’ quality management program.
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal legislation and regulations.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to personnel management, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology or completion of a professional development program in personnel administration is required.
- Several years of experience as a personnel officer or human resource specialist are required.
- Hands-on experience with payroll software, recruitment and selection interviews is required.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
E-mail Resumes to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident Only. We will review this criterion and your qualifications and contact you only if you are considered for an interview. Please indicate the reference number PHSC0112 in your e-mail submission.