Flexiforce North America
Who are we?
We’re FlexiForce – a part of the ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems, the world’s largest manufacturer of overhead door hardware and components. At FlexiForce we believe that safety is everyone’s responsibility and can only be achieved through the active participation of everyone within the organization. We’re not all buzzwords, clichés and shiny things – we’re all about the basics. We have values. We make quality products, we deliver them on time and we partner with our customers and our suppliers to support mutual success. To do that, we rely on having the best and most capable people on our team. If that’s you, we should talk!
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Industrial Journeyman Millwright with strong mechanical skills. The position requires the successful candidate to have a background with Industrial Press Equipment. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, our maintenance team supports a wide variety of production equipment from simple production tools up through 250 ton high speed progressive stamping presses and sophisticated CNC machine centers.
If you are a Red Seal Ticketed Millwright who is reliable, mature and you have a clear understanding of workplace safety to show off your excellent mechanical skills – then you might be a fit for FlexiForce. You are a team player with an ability to teach your craft to others. You are not afraid to be hands on. You are proactive; actively seeking out opportunities to drive your career, speaking up when you have something to offer, learning from mistakes and constantly questioning how you can best contribute to make our company stronger. We seek your feedback to build a better work place and see mistakes as a way to improve, not something to hide.
Responsibilities include installing or dismantling machinery and equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams. This will be accomplished through the safe and effective use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools. This position also requires that the Millwright troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic problems with associated equipment. The Millwright is also responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as motors, pumps, valves, controls, and other machines.
This is a permanent full time position. We work Monday to Friday as well as weekends as required. We are looking for a steady 7am to 3:30pm shift with flexibility to work some overtime.
What must you have?
- Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Millwright Certification
- Must have additional training or certification for Industrial Press Equipment (Komatsu, Aida, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing as a Millwright
- A keen understanding of the importance of workplace safety.
- Daily use of tablets and other computer related programs
- Well rounded knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatic systems and mechanical and electro-mechanical systems, knowledge of PLC operated machinery
- General welding and machining skills are an asset.
- Experience with industrial press equipment, roll forming, progressive metal stamping, cutting, welding and thermoforming of plastics.
- Familiarity with the concepts of Total Preventative Maintenance Programs and SOP’s would be an asset.
- Valid forklift certification and ability to demonstrate satisfactory safety and operator skill.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
- Self-motivated team player who is able to think and work independently, Good decision making and problem solving skills & Strong English language verbal and written skills.
We are looking for an individual to grow a career, not just take a job. You should want to become a Lead Hand, Trainer or Manager in your future.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to us as soon as possible. Please submit any attachments in a word doc or PDF format!
We thank all applicants for their interest however, we can only contact those applicants selected for interviewing.