Job ID: 14801
Job Category: Health Services
Division & Section: Toronto Paramedic Services, PS Toronto Central Amb Control Centre
Work Location: FIRE & PARAMEDIC HQ & EMS STATION 53, 4330 Dufferin St, Toronto, M3H 5R9
Job Type & Duration: 1 Temporary vacancy (9 months)
Hourly Rate: $37.43 – $41.00
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 26-Feb-2021 to 12-Mar-2021
- Defines data needs and selects methods and procedures for collecting and analyzing health data for managers, staff and others. Orients staff to available databases and the use of health information in programme development and evaluation.
- Responds to enquiries regarding information systems. Contacts departments and external agencies to obtain health related data.
- Provides in-service training to departmental staff in health information, demographics and computer applications.
- Designs data collection and survey instruments including coding formats, questionnaire design and data entry and storage.
- Designs and maintains departmental information systems and data bases in consultation with manager and users. Develops procedures for user systems.
- Prepares and disseminates information reports and community health profiles based on analysis of existing or generated data for internal and external users.
- Writes and executes computer programs for analysis of data by using statistical software packages.
- Coordinates retrieval of health information and organizes, analyzes and interprets data.
- Designs and conducts surveys related to planning and evaluation of health programs.
- Provides support and consultation to divisional programs and services.
- Provides administration services for division information systems.
- Researches, identifies and proposes new methods for collection and analysis of data.
- Utilizes a patient health record and reporting system, i.e. ePCR (electronic Patient Care Records) to support programs, working groups, project development and reporting.
- Conducts ongoing testing and quality assurance of external information systems to validate information, collection and extraction from the system. Identifies errors and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Develops strategies to overcome issues and resolve problems.
- Maintain documentation on all processes and manuals on the use of developed programs.
- Designs and produces thematic maps, charts and graphs using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) forcall type, transportation decisions, program planning and evaluation of paramedic services.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in statistics or approved equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience using statistical software including at least one of SAS, SPSS, R, Stata or Python
- Experience mapping using geospatial software, i.e. ArcGis, MapInfo.
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Access etc.) and Visio, relational database management systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, etc.), and business intelligence tools (e.g. Qlik, SAS Business Intelligence, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience working with hospital systems and/or working in an urban health care/paramedicine environment
You must also have:
- Knowledge of basic population health statistical methods.
- Familiarity with current public health issues, epidemiological concepts, trend analysis and forecasting techniques.
- Considerable skills in the management, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to prepare written reports, and to display statistical data in appropriate and understandable formats.
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all organizational levels.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment, take initiative and respond to competing priorities.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City’s Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.