ERM is seeking a highly talented and detail-oriented Graphic Designer to join our growing Strategic Communications & Stakeholder Engagement and Corporate Sustainability services in any of our Canadian office locations. In this entry-level, client-facing role, you will work under the art direction of the Principal Design Consultant and Project Managers, to provide support on client engagements from cr e a t i v e concepts through design execution of reports, stakeholder engagement programs, and branding systems relating to sustainability communications.
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior professional looking to work with an expert consulting team on interesting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) projects for a wide range
of Fortune 500 and privately held clients—helping them achieve positive and tangible social, environmental, and economic impact. See Case Studies for representative client engagements.
- Provide graphic design support on client sustainability communications, including reports, websites, identity systems, stakeholder engagement materials, proposals, and presentations.
- Consult with client teams and directly with clients on creative, engaging ways to leverage communications in the digital space.
- Research and report on design trends to the design team and ERM’s Sustainability Strategy
& Disclosure technical community.
Minimum Background & Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Visual Communications (or equivalent)
- Recent graphic design graduate to four years of professional graphic design experience
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing print, interactive, and branding work
- Extreme attention to detail and proven commitment to quality control
- Superior understanding of typography and page layout
- Proficient in Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop),
and Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Solid understanding of interactive design
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML
Additional Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of environmental, social, or economic aspects of sustainability/CSR
- Consulting industry experience providing services to large corporate clients
- Illustration talent
- Retouching capabilities
- 3D rendering
- Social media experience on major platforms, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Self-motivated individual with personal initiative, a flexible attitude, and the ability to
multi-task and work with shifting deadlines
- Extremely conscientious with high attention to detail
- Highly creative, not only unconventional thinking, but knows how to push creativity within
more controlled project parameters and client brand standards
- Excellent communication and language skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, and assertiveness as well as the ability
to manage up and communicate well
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to at-times perform under pressure
in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute
to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to
our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining
and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for Our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.