Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Status: Regular, Full Time
- Development of electronic artwork, illustration and items related to printed packaging commodities, in-house graphic requirements, and Advertising pieces within allocated budget and agreed upon timelines. Creation of engineering drawings (dielines).
- Production of in-house graphic requirements for binder covers, manuals, leaflets, sales sheets etc. for Advertising pieces.
- Troubleshooting electronic files received from Agencies and International countries prior to sending to print vendors.
- Assisting in the maintenance of departmental software/hardware (Veeva).
- Assisting in the priority planning of workload and communication issues/problems with all team members.
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree is required.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Graphic Designer.
- Bilingualism, English and French, an asset.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Creativity is key in this position. The ability to create ideas for layout and communicate ideas to fellow team members as well as outside customers and vendors is imperative.
- Decisions must be made as to whether a file is suitable to send to the printer, information and design are suitable and if colours are correct and consistent.
- Attention to detail, communication, organization and discipline.
- Computer skills: Veeva Vault, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Postscript Printers, Freehand, Scanner, QuarkXpress, CD Burner, Acrobat, Printing process, Zip/Stuffit Deluxe, In Design, MS Office, Retrospect, Symart, Macintos, Postscript Printers, Printing process.
Join Our Talent Community to learn about upcoming job opportunities or connect with us at Abbott Canada, on LinkedIn, on Facebook and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @Abbott Global.