Peaked Pies is recruiting for a Cook to join their team. This is a full-time (32-40 hours per week), permanent position based at our restaurant located at 4114 Hastings Street, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5C 2J7. The wage offered is $16.60/hour plus tip out with benefits in accordance with the Employment Standards Act of B.C. Vacation is paid at 4% of gross earnings. The language of work is English.
- Prepare and cook pies, pie fillings and accompaniments, deserts, dough, and other items required for our stores and wholesale business;
- Coordinate, oversee and supervise kitchen staff and operations;
- Train new cooks and other kitchen staff in proper procedures and recipes of Peaked Pies
- Estimate food requirements and costs and accurately observe and determine what pie fillings, cakes and prep needs to be made for the following day;
- Monitor and maintain records of food stock, supplies and equipment and place orders as scheduled/required;
- Receive deliveries of food items and use FIFO method to ensure items are stored in compliance with health and safety regulations;
- Foresee busy periods and prepare the kitchen and food items accordingly;
- Assist with keeping the kitchen and dish sink clean and clear.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial cooking experience in a restaurant, cafe or food production kitchen.
- Must be able to carry/lift 55lb of weight
- Foodsafe Level 1 certificate
Interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to our business address listed above.
We thank all interested applicants but only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Please no drop-ins or phone calls.