- The Business Development Branch at OMAFRA is focused on encouraging and facilitating growth, development and investment in industries related to food and beverage processing, bio-product and secondarily rural manufacturing businesses and is looking for a skilled individual to provide ongoing client relationship management with these business clients, key stakeholder groups and acting as a main point of contact for providing knowledge, connections and resources.
- **Posting timeline: The posting has been extended until March 1st. No changes have been made to the initial posting advertisement. If you have previously submitted an application to this Job ID, there is no need to apply again**.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Manage client relationships with key industry stakeholders, businesses and government officials
- Provide a variety of business development and advisory services
- Work closely with key business clients to evaluate business needs and opportunities
- Prepare briefing notes and Minister’s letters in support of policy and program development
How do I qualify?
- You must be able to travel to locations not accessible by public transportation.
- You have experience in sales and account management and demonstrated interpersonal skills to develop and build strategic relationships with a portfolio of clients
- You have knowledge of current and emerging issues in the food, beverage and bio-product manufacturing industries.
- You have knowledge of business administration (including finance, marketing, sales, economics, business analysis, etc.) and economic development to review and assess business issues and develop solutions.
- You have analytical, conceptual and evaluative skills to evaluate and assess issues, problems and opportunities, determine investment cases and to assess business development needs and determine the information, resources, services and alternative solutions required to meet client needs.
Project Management and Policy Development Skills
- You have project management, organizational and prioritization skills to plan and execute concurrent projects, organize competing priorities, and address client issues according to their urgency, materiality, and political sensitivity.
- You have knowledge of government policy development and implementation processes.
- You have oral and written communication skills to provide information and prepare briefing notes, sector overviews, project proposals etc.
- You can work independently and as part of a team.
- 1 Permanent, 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region