The Horizon School Division
Horizon is seeking a service-oriented team player to join our Technology team in supporting approximately 350 staff and 3500 student users. The Network Administrator will work as part of a team to ensure that secure and reliable network & server infrastructure enables us to achieve our mission: Horizon is a 21st century inclusive learning community that engages and empowers all learners for success.
Duties of the Network Administrator include:
- Performing analytical and technical work in the planning, design, and ongoing support of LAN/WAN, including excellent technical knowledge of:
- Network Address Translation
- STP; Root Port Election and other detailed aspects of network architecture and design
- Ensuring the optimized performance and security of all network systems and connectivity, including but not limited to:
- software deployment (SCCM)
- IP phones
- Palo Alto Firewall
- Network infrastructure (DNS, Meraki switches & APs, IP routers and routing)
- Leading major network installations/upgrades and other project coordination;
- Maintaining and supporting multiple platforms (Windows, Apple, G-Suite/Google)
- Managing a Windows-based environment and virtualized servers including:
- Windows 10, Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory
- Powershell scripting
- Backup (Veeam) and replication
- Providing help desk support as needed;
- Assisting in the implementation of technology initiatives and innovations as needed.
The ideal candidate has:
- University degree in computer science or internetworking; A Masters degree is preferred
- Experience working in a medium to large-scale organization;
- Understanding of best practices and administration of network infrastructure including configuring/troubleshooting of network and security hardware;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- The desire for continuous learning;
- Proven record of working under pressure within a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision;
- A focus on a highly positive user experience in a public education context.
The candidate must have a high level of technical knowledge of networking. A live technical screening will be conducted before shortlisting for interviews.
Related industry certifications would be considered an asset.
This is a continuing, full-time position that will commence in May 2021 on a date that is mutually acceptable. When submitting your application, please indicate the position for which you are applying and include your resume, references, and a Reference Release Form (available for download on our website). Short-listing will take place as applications are received. The successful applicant will be required to provide a recent criminal record check as a condition of employment. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: