Many people already know that Canada is one of the best countries to get your college degree. Canada has advanced technology and teaching methods that it attracts international students seeking a degree, higher standard of living, rich culture, and amazing employment opportunities that Canada offers. This is why so many international students have chosen to study and work in Canada.
Canada’s education system holds high standards and top international rankings while also boasting some of the lowest tuition fees for English-speaking countries. Canada offers a wide range of educational institutions and programs for both technical and professional diplomas and degrees. Canada is known to have a fantastic organized program that helps students obtain jobs after graduation. Many students consider working during their studies which can help jump-start careers in the industry of their choice after obtaining their degree. Since there are so many people who come to Canada to receive these amazing benefits for work and study, it is important to pick a degree in a field that is hiring.
Best Jobs in Canada
According to StudyPortals here are some of the best jobs that Canada has to offer, with estimated annual salaries.
- Mining and forestry manager: 108,805 CAD
- Oil and gas drilling supervisor: 79,040 CAD
- Air traffic controller: 87,360 CAD
- Statistician and actuaries: 89,606 CAD
- Engineering manager: 94,994 CAD
- Public administration director: 99,195 CAD
- Power systems operator: 84,198 CAD
- Health & community service manager: 100,006 CAD
- Mapping technologist: 68,640 CAD
- Senior business manager: 97,136 CAD
Jobs in Canada With The Highest Hiring Percentage
After graduation, the students from Canada began their job hunting and a high percentage of them get employed locally. But this situation especially favors certain fields. Below you will find a study made by CTV News that shows the employment rate in Canada by field of study.
- Dentistry, Therapy and Rehab, Forestry, Veterinary Medicine: 100%
- Medicine: 99%
- Nursing: 97.4%
- Pharmacy: 97.2%
- Computer Sciences: 96.5%
- Business and Commerce: 94.9%
Highest Paying Jobs in Canada by Field of Study
The amounts are calculated on a yearly basis.
- Dentistry: 99,706 CAD
- Pharmacy: 91,031 CAD
- Veterinary medicine: 73,974 CAD
- Law: 72,981 CAD
- Medicine: 65,333 CAD
- Therapy & rehab: 65,000 CAD
- Engineering: 63,564 CAD
- Computer sciences: 63,462 CAD
- Nursing: 62,248 CAD