We are looking for a licensed Truck Driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
A Class A CDL or commercial driver license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
We are willing to provide on the job training at a fair wage for those who want to make a long term commitment with our company, at least two years.
We have both full time and part time positions available, both long haul and short haul. All loads are open deck and most loads are driven on or craned on. We use mostly Removable goose-neck trailers.
We provide top wages and offer new drivers a starting wage at 28.00/hour once drivers are fully trained and on their own. Experienced driver will start at a higher wage based on their level of expertise and the trailer type. Annual salary ranges from approx. 90,000.00 to 150,000.00.
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
- Class A CDL or commercial driver license.
- Current TWIC card.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must provide current MVR.
- Must provide a medical certificate.
- High school diploma.
Richards Transport Ltd.
278 SHERWOOD RD