December 31, 2021
CWT Group is a full service, 3rd-party logistics company specializing in operation and staffing of cross dock and warehouse facilities for LTL carriers. Our resources and expertise allow our clients to focus on growing their business, while we take care of managing their dock operations.
Operating facilities in Ontario and Alberta, we can tailor a dock operation to suit almost any needs.
We are currently seeking Truck Drivers to fill 10 of our vacant positions for our sister company- Commercial Transport Inc.
Term: Permanent, Full time
Business Type: Transport
Number of Position: 10
Salary: $24.50 per hour
Start date: ASAP.
Work hours: Minimum 35 to 40 hours per week.
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances.
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods.
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment, and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks.
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
- May perform emergency roadside repairs.
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short interurban routes.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment and loading and unloading of cargo.
- May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job-training is provided.
- A Class 1 or A license is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com please mention position “Truck Driver” in subject line.
We are equal opportunity employer, thank you for your interests for this position, however we will only contact candidate who meets the criteria.