Global Truck Drive
April 30, 2021
Global Truck Drive is hiring an experienced and professional truck driver to perform on international and domestic roads of Canada and US.
Transport truck drivers require to operate heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over urban, interurban, provincial and international routes. The main required international routs are Canada-US borders.
Status in Canada: WP, OWP, PR, Citizens of Canada
- Completion of secondary school;
- On-the-job-training is provided;
- Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, might be required;
- A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks;
- A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short inter-urban routes
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo;
- May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks.
Long-haul transport truck drivers perform some or all of the following duties:
Short-haul and local transport truck drivers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Salary: Upon results of the interview
Required work experience: minimum of 2 years
An interview with a candidate is required.
Sent resume via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org