KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more than $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 150 employees and created accounts for more than 300,000 Canadians.
About The Role
KOHO’s Marketing team is looking for an exceptional Social Media and Communications Lead to join our growing company. This individual — a top-notch writer and master in building relationships— is ready to roll up their sleeves and build out KOHO’s social and press strategy. This key role will enable us to grow our community online through social channels and our blog, and secure regular media coverage, including for product launches and new features.
As our Social Media and Communications Lead, you will work closely with our Marketing Coordinator and Content Lead to ensure a consistent tone of voice across our public-facing channels. A grammar nerd to your core, you will be the owner of press relations and organic social at KOHO, responsible for coverage, audience growth, user engagement, and ensuring all communications are up to our brand standards. You’ll be putting together media collateral, pitching company news and expert interviews to reporters, helping come up with innovative ways to get our expertise in front of more eyes, and jumping in to help however you can.
If the fintech space lights you up, and social media strategizing and execution is your passion, then please apply for this role. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
- Build the strategy for our organic social channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and create and schedule content with the support of our in-house designers
- Build out robust reporting for ongoing measurement of KOHO’s social channels so that you can constantly be optimizing for engagement
- Responsible for responding to all comments and questions across organic social in a timely and friendly manner
- Write press releases and identify media opportunities and secure coverage for KOHO in all types of media, including broadcast, print and digital channels
- Research and create targeted media lists and update them on a regular basis
- Develop and manage relationships with journalists, partners and other external contacts
- Manage deadlines and a dynamic schedule, while adjusting priorities on the fly
- You have 3+ years experience in social media management; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- You are immersed in the world of social media and content creation, always up to date on the latest trends and able to translate that into compelling social media content
- You have knowledge of personal finance fundamentals (or a desire to learn them!)
- You have excellent writing skills (and are a stickler for the details)
- You have an understanding of media and how to pitch to reporters
- You have a keen instinct for recognizing pitching angles that aren’t immediately obvious as well as knowing which reporters should be included on a pitch media list
- You have extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- You are excited about joining a fast-growing startup!
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
Balance Your Life – Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
- Level Up – Access to an in-house certified performance coach
- Reach Your Goals – Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
- The KOHO Culture – We have won 5 “Great Place to Work ®” awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.