Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
If you are looking to work alongside technical experts, enjoy using your expert knowledge and experience, and enjoy travelling, then this position is for you! Successful candidates will excel in problem solving and troubleshooting and have excellent customer service skills. In this role you will use your experience in electric power systems to promote, and support power protection solutions that serve the electric power industry! This position is based in our Markham, ON office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as technical lead and actively participate in complex project conceptual and detail design, execution, development, and support activities crossing multiple projects in two or more protection areas.
2. Identify, prepare and present successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
3. Lead project teams to resolve customer concerns and foster customer satisfaction.
4. Ensure project team deliverables are within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
5. Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
6. Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 10+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems or industrial automation system practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25%
- Excellent writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineers License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
Markham, ON-This position is located in Markham, ON, located just 30 km from downtown Toronto. Enjoy beautiful views of the Rouge River Valley, and access to trails and outdoor recreation. Markham is a city rich in history and culture. Known for its award winning heritage district, and performing arts. Enjoy all the amenities of the big city or explore beautiful green spaces. Whatever your interest, you will find it in Markham.
Salary is CAD 73,600+ depending on experience.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
- loyer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
If you are interested in this position, please apply at: https://selinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/SEL/job/Canada—Markham/Project-Engineer—Automation_2020-04527