We are currently seeking for experienced and talented Mechanics to join our dynamic team. In this position, you will be responsible for constructing, maintaining and repairing all machinery and vehicles. Your duties will include monitoring inventory, inspecting vehicles, and assembling machinery.
To succeed in this role, you should be physically and mentally fit and have a solid knowledge of basic mechanic’s tools, service, and diagnostic equipment. Our ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
Family/team atmosphere where staff are valued and appreciated
Well-maintained equipment and facilities
Competitive industry wage rates with annual review
Annual bonus incentive based upon performance and annual evaluation
Blue Cross Benefits Plan (coordination with NIHB as secondary provider available)
Pension Plan with increasing employer contributions with years of service
Health and Wellness spending accounts after 2 years of service
Opportunities for learning, advancement, personal growth, and challenge
- Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles.
- Meet with clients to better understand their concerns and identify the issue.
- Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
- Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to machine and vehicle users.
- Perform vehicle assessments and alert clients on issues that will prohibit their vehicles from passing inspection.
– Reading text
– Oral communication
– Working with others
– Problem solving
– Critical thinking
– Job task planning and organizing
– Finding information
– Valid driver’s licence
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– 2nd Period Apprentice
– 3rd Period Apprentice
– Complete reports to record problems and work performed
– Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
Truck Mechanic Specific Skills
– Perform scheduled maintenance service
– Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems
Mechanical Repairer Specific Skills
– Test and adjust units to specifications
– Repair and replace mechanical units
– Inspect and test mechanical units
Security and Safety
– Criminal record check (abstract)
– Driving record check (abstract)
– Steel-toed safety boots
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certification from a vocational school or trade school is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and mechanical systems.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Loraas Disposal North Ltd.