Job ID: 14832
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Policy, Planning, Finance & Admin, PPF&A Financial Management
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street, M5V 3C6
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, 1 Permanent vacancy
Salary: $110,965.40 – $130,366.60, TM1557, wage grade 8
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 01-Mar-2021 to 15-Mar-2021
Lead the Revenue Services team ensuring the accurate and timely completion of all financial accounting activities and services related to Infrastructure and Development Services (IDS) Area revenues and receivables. To support and advance the service areas’ modernization and continuous improvement priorities with oversight of related business practices, processes and internal controls.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Management, Policy, Planning, Finance & Administration Division, the Manager Revenue Services:
- Develops and implements detailed plans and recommends policies regarding program specific requirements.
- Manages, motivates and trains unit staff, ensuring effective teamwork, and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, schedules staff and workloads, provides staff training performance development.
- Develops, implements and modifies business policies and processes for administering the delivery of services, ensures effectiveness of service delivery and the integrity of internal controls.
- Develops, recommends and administers the annual budget for the unit, and ensures the unit’s expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Develops performance measurement standards and measures the overall performance of the Revenue Services Unit.
- Ensures that customer satisfaction, financial targets and key performance indicators are actively monitored and measured on a consistent basis in order to make corrections, as required and strive for continuous improvements.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures with respect to revenues and receivables and that adequate internal controls are in place to safeguard the revenues and receivables for the service areas.
- Conducts periodic divisional revenue/billing sub-systems to ensure sufficient controls, avoid irregularities and ensure the completeness of revenue.
- Provides accounts analysis for the service areas to ensure revenues are appropriately recorded and that significant revenues are identified and reviewed.
- Ensures the reconciliation of financial data in the Financial Information System (SAP) with various service area revenue sub-systems and deposit accounts for accuracy and completeness.
- Oversees third party property damage claims to the City’s infrastructure and liaises with Toronto Police, Legal Services, insurance companies and the debtor on insurance claims.
- Ensures compliance to Corporate Collection Procedures for all amounts invoiced and liaises with Collection Agencies, Legal Services, Tax Office and Corporate Accounting Services on collection matters for the service areas. Attends Legal proceedings where required.
- Finalizes payment plans for approval by Division Heads and/or Director of Accounting Services.
- Ensures the safe keeping of security documents such as letters of credit.
- Ensures all revenue financial reports (corporate variance, year-end closing, accounts receivable, revenue analysis) for Council and senior management decision making and performance measurement are prepared in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with required principles and standards.
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely recording of all receivables in the appropriate accounting period.
- Provides expertise, technical financial advice and support service areas, and works with other divisional management team on their internal procedures to ensure effective delivery, as they relate to revenue and accounts, and in organizational and change management initiatives.
- Responds to requests for information to program staff, ensures Divisional responses are consistent and timely and reflect professional advice.
- Responds strategically to emerging issues, assesses the impact on operations and develops, recommends and implements innovative solutions.
- Liaises with internal/external auditors concerning revenues and receivables related to the service areas.
- Participates on Corporate and Service Areas’ committees/project teams as a financial revenue and receivable resource.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and provincial legislations such as the Ontario Human Rights Code, Workplace Harassment, and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ensure compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- Professional accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CMA or CGA) required, with a post-secondary education in public administration, financial management or a similar discipline related to the job function.
- Considerable experience in people management, including managing, attracting, training and motivating a diverse workforce, promote and foster effective teamwork in a fast-paced and customer service environment. People management experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Considerable experience in the preparation of budgets and control of expenditures.
- Considerable experience in managing large volumes in a complex organization, including banking, cash and receivable management, accounting, financial reporting, month-end and year-end closing, auditing and financial systems for public or private sector organization.
- Experience working with computer based accounting systems, techniques and practices and various computer applications including MS Office Suite. SAP experience would be an asset.
- Highly developed human relation skills to build consensus and trust with multiple stakeholders, establish effective working relationships and collaborative work approaches with employees, senior management staff with Service areas, Corporate Accounting Division, and external parties.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, analytical and problem solving skills, at all organizational levels.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with frequent and competing deadlines, multiple tasks and high performance expectations in a rapidly changing environment.
- Familiarity with relevant employment legislation including Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Full understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).