Quattro Restaurant is seeking a Junior Sous Chef for their restaurant located in Whistler, British Columbia.
- Supervise and oversee cooks, chefs and kitchen helpers;
- Train cooking staff in job duties, cooking techniques and the use of kitchen equipment;
- Assist with the planning of menus, feature items and specials, and estimate food requirements and costs;
- Maintain inventory of food and kitchen supplies and order items as required;
- Prepare and cook complete meals, individual dishes and speciality foods according to personal judgment and experience;
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality;
- Communicate effectively with other kitchen staff;
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Wage: $22.50/hour + gratuities;
- Full-time, permanent position;
- Business address and work location: 4319 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia, V8E 1B1;
- 40 hours per week;
- Overtime remitted per Employment Standards of BC;
- 4% vacation remitted per pay period;
- Language of Work: English
Trade certification in cooking (or equivalent credentials, training and experience) and several years of experience in commercial food preparation is required.
Interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (604) 938-1856. Please no drop ins or phone calls.