March 31, 2021
- Co-work with the Director to develop client portfolio, solicit potential big customers, assist to negotiate and finalize new long term contracts, retain and renew old contracts.
- Maintain liaison with volume customers, such as fleet owners and leasing companies.
- Work with external vendors to establish effective solutions and long-term partnerships in involving service levels agreements.
- Supervise all safety aspects for employees, client?s premises and contractors
- Interview, Recruit, Train employees and contractors; ramp-up contractors during winter months
- Review and revise outsourcing contracts for contracts and sub-vendors
- Develop comprehensive business covering Finance, Marketing, Operations and Sales for Transportation services
- Devise Monthly/Yearly Sales forecasts and schedules to meet desired productivity targets.
- Responsible for Financial management of projects, recognizing business opportunities and putting together bids to win new business as well as negotiating and agreeing contracts.
- Represent the company, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company, in negotiations or other official functions.
- Lead and control the operations team for more productivity, reduced downtime and ensure the optimized utilization of resources (materials, vehicles and manpower)
- Ensure that the finance, back end staff and the operations departments are well synchronized
- Optimize deliveries by planning efficient and cost-effective negotiations and Inventory Management.
- Compiling Budget Administration to meet revenue Generation and service Goals.
- Conduct weekly/monthly routine meetings to ensure that team goals and projects are achieved according to established guidelines, procedures and policies of the Company.
- A university degree is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a middle/senior manager in manufacturing, construction, utilities or transportation sector
- Business acumen, growth mindset and orientation
- Ability to self-educate and take initiative when needed
- Past experience in P&L management preferred
- Excellent relational/communication/writing/phone skills
- Ability to handle details without losing sight of the big picture
- Organizational, Leadership & Motivational skills
- Technical / mechanical / industry knowledge
- Flexibility and multitasking
- Process and systems minded
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word a must and the ability to operate other computer software and office equipment. Strong knowledge and experience in using service operating systems a plus. Use of all current technology as a communication and efficiency tool is a must.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret accurately in
- English. This position requires the ability to read and write reports, business correspondence and desk procedures.
Compensation and Hours
$58 per hour for 35 hours a week