At Capilano University, students are our focus. Employees play an essential role in creating an exceptional learning experience for students and a thriving campus community. Together, we are a high-performing team of individuals who make Capilano University one of the leading teaching universities in British Columbia and one of BC’s Top Employers. Grounded by our sense of purpose, we offer a meaningful, friendly and dynamic work environment.
As a member of the School of Tourism Management team, you will be instrumental in delivering a student centred approach to every interaction. You support the Convenor in achieving program related goals through regular meetings and building exceptional relationships with relevant service areas such as the Centre for International Experience and Career Development Centre. You will be leading areas of the admissions process through tracking applications and maintaining statistics and support other areas within the School including work integrated learning and program field trips. We are looking for someone to help us build upon our reputation of exceptional experiences for our employee and student community. You will work with a team of talented faculty and staff, an engaged community and an impactful executive team. You will be part of the team responsible for the international programs for all of the above.
Do you share our purpose and passion?
- What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitates communication and arrangements between the university and potential students, current students, and faculty. Building relationships across service areas.
- Assists with admission and registration by creating, maintaining and tracking student files; providing students with procedural information and assisting them with completing registration forms; creating, maintaining and tracking wait lists for admission and registration; communicating with the Registrar’s office to investigate and resolve problems; and using the student registration system to track admissions and registrations and to run class lists.
- Arranges and attends committee meetings, program advisory meetings, including preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Organizes local special events, program field trips, and information sessions.
- Word processes a variety of material including letters, reports, manuals, timetables, agendas and minutes.
- Supports the Convenor in areas of communications with the program advisory committee, industry events, work integrated learning, and other opportunities for student engagement.
- Completion of one year (approximately 30 credits) of post-secondary education in applied business technology or business administration.
- Two years of directly related administrative support experience, including experience in an educational setting with significant student contact.
For more information, please see the complete job description
At Capilano University, we understand that there is more to life than work. That is why we offer comprehensive benefits and support to help you and your family live a balanced life.
Take a sneak peek to see what it is like to work at Capilano University.
Our standard work week is 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm, or as per departmental schedule.
Pay group 14 starts at $3,650.00 per month with annual incremental increases to a max of $4,104.00 per month (based on 35 hour work week)