Social Media Specialist
Communications Officer R18
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of ‘Service. Relationships. Results.’ is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations – from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
Liquor Retail Operations, encompassing the three retail business units of Merchandising, Marketing and Store Operations, is responsible for the daily operations of the 198 BC Liquor Stores. The Retail division develops and executes key strategies to drive business, creates systems and processes, and establishes daily retail procedures to maximize operational excellence, while upholding BCLDB’s core values of service, relationships and results. Working in this vibrant, creative and supportive team environment will see your knowledge, skills and innovativeness thrive to unparalleled levels.
The Social Media Specialist works with the Senior Manager, Digital & Web to curate and develop the strategy and content for the BC Liquor Stores various’ digital and social media channels, and executes social media campaigns and strategies to support BC Liquor Stores’ goals and objectives.
Working conditions include working full time at the LDB head office and overtime work on week nights/weekends as required to respond to urgent social media issues (only for urgent matters or in anticipation of a big launch).
A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in marketing, communications, or a related field, combined with a minimum of two years’ recent related experience* (within the last five years).
- Recent, related experience must include:
- Extensive experience with creating a social media strategy, campaigns, growing followers and achieving targets on social media platforms.
- Extensive experience with social media content and advertising creation (i.e. creating content for posts, Instagram stories, videos).
- Experience with providing customer service in an online platform, dealing with sensitive customer issues.
- Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience in graphic design and creating social media assets using Adobe suite of programs.
- Experience with photography, video filming and editing.
- Experience driving results to stores and to ecommerce site leveraging social media.
- Experience in generating ideas and copy for other online (SEM, SEO, eNews, ecommerce website) assets.
- Experience in a geographically distributed retail organization.
How to Apply & Application Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies as outlined in the attached Job Description.
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process. Candidates must include the following information on their cover letter as it will be used to assess each candidate’s qualifications:
- Experience in a geographically distributed retail organization; please specify the details of the organization based on the number of store locations and the areas where the stores are located (ie. areas within Canada and/or globally).
- Details of demonstrated recent related work experience as defined in the position requirements.
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
For specific position-related enquiries, please contact Connie Hui, Director, Marketing, Liquor Retail Services at 604-252-8721.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the attached Application Instructions or refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time, and they will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.